Thursday, October 20, 2011
Quarterly
So far this year I really haven't changed all that much as far as how much reading I have done. The genre of reading I have done hasn't really changed too much either. I have started to read more classic literature which is surprising to me because normally I would hate to read those kind of books. Another thing that surprised me in my reading was that I have been reading more of the modern books based more on reality rather than fantasy. I liked these books probably because it was a "breath of fresh air" somehting new and unique from the norm. I did however continue to read more of the paranormal romance novels that intrigue me. I feel like certain people are attracted to a certain genre because it is something like an a escape to most people. Stories or novels are a means of escape where anything can happen and you could be any character you wanted. In my personal discovery I found that when I read the books that I had it was hard not to get lost in thought. It was difficult to not want to be a supernatural creature or the be melodramatic about a situation. I think that surprised me most. The most challenging books to read were definately the victorian novels. The language is so intricate and has an elegant flow that it can sometimes be hard to understand. Another thing that I stuggled with in those novels were the metaphors and references to events. Often I had to do a little research to figure out what was going on, but in that process I discovered I liked the challenge more than the easy books I enjoy. I have to say I read more in the afternoon and evening hours because that is when I feel my brain is most active. I like reading then because there is little disturbance and I can relax after homework or practice. I hope that I start to read some mystery novels I know that when I was younger I used to read Nancy Drew and I absolutely loved those books. I have read James Patterson's Alex Cross series which is a never ending suspense thriller that I can never seem to put down. I love James Patterson he is one of my favorite writers and authors. One thing that kind of surprised me was that I started to get intrigued by Stephen King. I haven't actually read any of his books yet but I think I'm going to start so that is one of my goals. Also I hope to get to at least 5,000 or more pages this year. I hope that I can finish a series to without discovering a new one in the process. That happens to me a lot of the time. I have definately broadened my horizons this quarter and I hope to continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment