Sunday, October 23, 2011

Currently

Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: The Sketch Book by Washington Irving

Pages of the Week: 513
Last Week: 558
Total: 4,790

Style Mapping Favorites:
5. "Adair's passage is more of a in-your-face type of writing" -Twilight

4."The melodic feeling one infers from the town of Wall is merely a reaction to its physical beauty and awing presence." -The Blog of Epic Proportions

3."The common language doesn't detract from the poetic melody of the sergeants thoughts." -I Think Therefore I am.

2."In contrast, Cormac McCarthy's figurative-language-heavy introduction to Blood Meridian balances both an earthy grittiness and an elevated vocabulary as McCarthy describes the surroundings."- Zengerine goesacademic

1."There is nothing melodious to this excerpt it has a gritty tone to it and as you keep reading it, it seems more and more intriguing." -The Lurking Times

I like The Lurking Times and ZENGERINE goesacademic because they used the work gritty. Plus they both made the excerpts sound dark and that the style or tone is ominous. They use interesting adjectives to describe the tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment