Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Lost in Time
I could not wait for this book to be released! The novel is the sixth book in a seven book series called Blue Bloods. I absolutely adore these books! Yes, they are about vampyres, but the difference is they are realistic to the modern day. The vampires in thsi book are what most would call high society families that are the main supporters of any organization. I liked these books because of the religious background and the adventures the characters take. There are two main families, the Forces and the Van Alens. There are a lot of other characters in between, but the main ones in this book are Schuyler Van Alen, Jack Force, Madaleine Force, Kingsley Martin, Oliver Hazard-Perry, Allegra Van Alen, Stephen Bendix Chase, and Charles Force. I liked thsi book because you had three different plots to follow and one of the stories is a flashback. When you read the whole series up to this point there are many things you think you have figured out and this book just does a 180. Everything you thought you knew up to this point is wrong which makes you ask even more questions especially about Allegra and Charles. Before I continue you should know this, all of the vamps in this book are fallen angels because they have sinned and been condemned to earth. Each had a side you were either with Michael and Gabrielle (Allegra and Charles) or Lucifer and in the end they chose wrong. Now, Jack and Mimi are actually Abbadon and Azreal the twin angel of Destruction and Death. They at one point were the lead generals of Lucifers army and now in order to have the freedom they desire they must once again pledge alligence to the Dark Prince. I have to admit it was kind of confusing at first to read because you had three different main characters to keep track of and each chapter was in a seperate location, seperate time period, and different storylines. I think my favorite character in this book who I related to the most was Mimi. She has all this responsibility to the Coven and to herself she doesn't quite know how to handle it all. In the beginning she is a cold-hearted, selfish, bratty character that is almost impossible to like. In her journey to find her one true love she discovers what it feels like to be disappointed and feel the guilt of her actions. She does end up getting what she wants, but at the price of her own soul. I liked her journey that she takes she comes to discover her true self and what it means to truely sacrafice yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment