Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

This week I have read:
Abandon by Meg Cabot
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Pages this week: 337
Last week: 689
Total Pages: 1,351

Sentences of the week:

3. "Did ever anybody see such a picture of passion!" - Jane Eyre

2. "' I care about everyone,' I retorted. 'You said so once yourself. I am a very caring person.'" -Abandon

1. "' Impossible, yes.' He admitted, after a few seconds. 'But interesting. Like you. And eternity is a long time. So if you have to spend it with someone, I could see wanting to spend it with someone impossible...but interesting.'" -Abandon

I love this description of the relationship between Pierce and John. Mr. Smith pegged them both on the head. I like it because he makes a good point. In a relationship, you might be stuck with someone who you fins is unbearable and completely misunderstanding or "hard to read" but under the fascade is a unique and remarkable human being. And in this case, I think Pierce is starting to realize that about John. I can't really explain any better, but I love it. It makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment