Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Enthralled by Kelley Armstrong, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Sarah Rees Brennan, Rachel Caine, Ally Condie, Kimberly Derting, Kami Garcia, Claudia Gray, Melissa Marr, Jackson Pearce, Mary E. Pearson, Carrie Ryan, Jeri Smith-Ready, Margaret Stohl, Jessica Verday, and Rachel Vincent.
Pages this week: 498
Last Week: 216
Total: 3,719
Sentences of the Week:
3. "'No such luck.' My brother grinned at me over the rim of his paper coffee cup.'No matter how weird it gets from now on...we're in it together.'" -Enthralled
2. "Maybe the kiss worked. Maybe it broke the spell. But maybe the spell wasn't what I thought it was. I don't understand love, but I understand pain, I understand regret in a way I didn't only a few moment ago. And now I'm here, crying in front of a boy I barely know over the love that neither of us have. Our kinds are more alike than we think." -Enthralled
1."'So what can't you take? Decide which of the two options is harder, and do the other. That way no matter how hard your choice turns out to be, at least you can find comfort in knowing you're avoiding something even worse.'"- Starcrossed
I like thsi line becasue it makes a good point. I know sometimes we all have choices that can be really tough and neither option is any good. There are just some obstacles that can't be overcome easily and I have to say that choosing the lesser of the harder options will give you a comforting feeling. I think that by choosing what some might call the easy way your conscious is dealt with on a simpler more manageable level. Unfortunately, taking the easy way doesn't always give you the result you look for.
No comments:
Post a Comment