Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Jane Eyre
Most of you by now have either heard of this book or had to read it at some point. Well I have completed this journey and to be quite honest I did love this book. As first impressions go Jane and Edward do not exactly acquire the typical characteristics in novels. Jane is simple, plain, and in some ways a dry character. Mr. Rochester is forceful, troubled, and indecisive. The thing that makes me curious about these two is how well they seem to get along. My expectations were that of probably most people, Jane is not like many women of the time why is he intrigued by her? What makes her special? Well as peculiar as that is in a twisted way it makes sense. I think the fun part of the book was trying to figure out the french. That was a prject to translate. Adele is so adorable she is tentative and an avid learner but, she has that almost perfect innocence to her. I just like that about her character. You almost get the sense she will never grow up. Another thing that makes this book interesting is the dark imagery. In many of the places Jane encounters she describes the beauty of the land but, it is almost a sad description like there is longing. Almost like it is untouchable to her or anyone. It is interesting. You see a change in Jane when she grows fond of the "family" at Thornfield. You almost get the feeling she cares the most about Edward. Also, you get that feel that maybe she is disappointed even though he seems to be doing what is expected of hime. It is not until he returns from business when they are under the chesnut tree that all is revealed. It is interesteing to watch the development of the characters and their realtionship. It is sweet but at the same time completely expected. The thing I like about the entirety of the book is the fact that it is all supernatural based. It has theis mystery, suspense, and ghostly effect. I think is is cool. You do not exactly find that in many books today unless you specifically look for it. I think it is great when Jane just "happens" to find her family at the exact moment she is in most despair. It is almost too perfect a match. Jane has a much bigger role than can be described. Granted the book is about her but, she is almost a symbol herself and I think that anyone could relate to her a some point in her tale. I think when people read this book they give up too easily you have to really almost force yourself to read it to figure out what makes it a great book. I loved it. I thought it was brilliant. The bizarre romance adventure was beautifully written and is uncommon. It fit into my paranormal forte.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment