Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

This week I completed these books...
Die for Me by Amy Plum
Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Pages this week: 689
Last Week: 325
Total: 1,014

Sentences of the Week:
3. "live Katya. Be Happy. Take Risks. Have fun."

2."What's better? I thought, to be safe and suffer alone or to risk pain and actually live?"

1."I am whatever I am."

I chose that as my favorite this week for a reason. I feel like as a teenager we are always searching for who or what we are supposed to be. I feel like we have a hard time accepting that we are exactly the person we want to be. When I saw this line from the main character in Born at Midnight, Kylie, who struggles with accepting that maybe she isn't human and that maybe it isn't quite so bad to be "special" or "different". I couldn't help but relate to her and her situation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am impressed at your page total! You're a dedicated reader. It's hard for me to read a great number of pages because I'm such a slow reader. I admire people that can whip through books!

    ReplyDelete