Thursday, August 25, 2011
Born At Midnight
Loved, Loved, Loved this book!! What was different about this book from the others I have read already was that Kylie was the typical teenage girl except for the fact she sees ghosts!! I think that is uber awesome!! It gets better because her mother sends her to this camp where she goes on a journey for her identity. Like many of the kids that she is a supernatural or fantasy creature. The suspension of being told about who her real father is and what exactly she really is caught my attention. I can relate to her personality and I definately feel for her especially being the outcasts among outcasts. She had two romances and is caught in a love triangle which is kind of funny. I kind of feel bad for Derek because he is not obssessed, but extremely into her. She is blinded by her distrust in herself and the people she cared about most that she cannot see his tender heart. I relate to both of them where sometimes I wish certain traits were not given to me. It is just sad to read about how she cannot accept the obvious and how she treats the people who are most kind to her. It is a happy ending, so far. Her mother, the "Ice Queen", as she puts it, spills everything a child never wants to hear. That she was only married to her Step father because she got preganant to a man who died in combat. The ghost, Daniel, is Kylie's birth father. I liked that the reader wasn't revealed anything about Kylie or her past until right at the very end. It makes you want to read more. I enjoyed the cliff hanger. Another thing was of course she "ends up" with Derek. I'm a hopeless romantic and it was adorable envisioning the two act and react to each other. Very cute. I think the best part is when she finally accepts that she isn't normal, she will never be normal, and can discover what defines her. Kylie finally accepts that it is ok to be completely different and no one can take that from her. It is a powerful moment for herself and the reader. I like to think that is takes most teens my age longer to recognize their true identitiy and be comfortable enough to like it shine. I'm inspired by the genuine honesty and the story's ablitiy to make each moment different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment