Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

When I started this semester reading was something I could do non-stop. Every chance I had I picked up a book and totally got lost in the characters, the setting, even the cheesy romance of it all. I found myself engrossed in each book trying to put myself in the characters shoes and wondering exactly how the book was going to end. However, something always got in the way. I'm a senior this year and it is much to my advantage to be focusing on my schoolwork and often times that would take many many hours. On top of my homework I had band practice and I had dance class which left me almost no time to read. Towards the end of this semester I had a difficult time keeping up with reading. I did not like to blog about a book until I was completely finished so that way I could capture the entirety of the details an such. I did discover new genres that I took interest in this semester though. I found that I enjoyed reading murder mystery novels, a few science fiction novels, and I picked up more classic literature as well. The only genre I stuck with is paranormal romance. Which includes vampyres, werewolves, psychics, stuff like that. I know it is typical teen, but hey you are what you are. Now that band is finished I am getting back into a grove of reading more often. I can usually finish a 350 page book within two days. I hope to be able to continue that. Many of the books I have started reading now are ones that I will probably read in college. I have a college reading list and some are more difficult than others. I do enjoy the different styles of writing, though. Most of the time my mom and I share the books we have read with each other. I get many of the book titles from her. We are kind of like our own little book club and often times in our house it is complete silence because we are both reading. Whenever I sit down to read a book I usually listen to music. I cannot stand the silence! It just makes me feel paranoid and squeemish. Yuck! People always ask how I can read a book and listen to music at the same time. It is quite simple really, I usually end up tuning out the music without ever realizing it because I am so caught up in the plot. I do this really strange thing when I am reading though.When there is an intense moment and the characters are all heated and it is on the verge of complete chaos I stop reading. I have many of the same reactions the characters do which is why I think it is easy to get lost in the book. My mind allows me to become the character and experience the way things are in the book. It is hard not to get completely consumed by the story. I feel like I have benefited from all the reading and trying to reach out to different storylines.

No comments:

Post a Comment