Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome Back!

Its a new year which means it is time to start fresh. I have not been blogging for quite some time and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I have unfortunately had little time to be reading, but the book I have read include The Hunger Games, Clockwork Prince, and Swear. I have to say I am absolutely, head-over-heals in love with The Hunger Games! I had started to read them a little while back when they were stil fresh and eventually dropped them for something else. Well when I saw that many of my friends were reading the books I decided to pick them up again. I finished in a weekend. I could not put them down. The intensity and suspense in this futuristic world was just enticing. I have to say the romance was not a strong in this book as the others I have read such as Twilight or House of Night. I think that was why I liked these books better than previous ones I have read. Sometimes I feel like the plot of a story is smuthered by the writers getting caught up in the idealistic romance. I hate that about many of the books today. If I had to choose between one of the boys, I would choose Peeta. Whole-heartedly he is probably the complete contrast of everyone around him. Sometimes he has no filter and just spits out whatever comes to his mind, but that is what I relate with in his personality. As much as I want to doubt that Katniss never loved Peeta there is clearly a strong connection between the two. Katniss believes in doing whatever it takes to get back home and in the process of saving not only herself, but Peeta as well she discovers her true feelings. I think because of the suffering and little opportunity given to her district, Katniss supresses her feelings almost as if she is numb. As we read though this uncracked shell of emotional defect breaks into millions of pieces. After being forced into another games and facing her "duty" as the symbolic Mockingjay, She slowly begins to break down. Her life that she has always known is in turmoil and its as if she has no way of figuring out how to fix this break in her routine. I think by the end both Peeta and Katniss become so damaged as people that it would be difficult to be numb. Because of the things they have been through because of the things they have seen because of the things they had to put up with for that period of time it would be strange for the couple not to feel completely raw. I mean by the time the book ends there are some things that cannot be changed and that is what makes the two raw. There is nothing left to hide behind, no more walls of numbness, no more normal. In the end, you have to wonder what will happen to the world and what will happen to these two children. What will their world be like? Another thing you could think about it the perspective of reality. I mean there are some fight to the death obsticles in countries throughtout the world. And to some people this could very well be the type of lifestyle these people live in. Its horrifying but the truth is not always beautiful is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment