Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blood Dreams

To sum up the book in a modern way, Criminal Minds. I absolutely was absorbed in this book. Bizarre, suspenseful, and uniquely innocent. I loved the characters and the dilema. The ending leaves you on the edge of your seat wondering what or should I say who exactly is controlling the situation? It is a major cliffhanger but works for the book. Kay Hooper is a marvelous writer. Her style is special. The way she phrases things and uses foreshadowing to her advantage just makes you crave what comes next. Her serial killer, with whom most people would find disturbing, only intrigued me more. That sounds pretty psycho considering the filthy creeps live in reality, but I will say my perspective changed in this book. It just fascinated me to read and in a sense watch his moves. Learning why he does what he does to these women. The change in his motives, his need I mean I definately recieved goosebumps from the unusualness of his character but man it was hard not to want to understand him. This book gave me the opportunity to glimpse at what the criminal justice system has to deal with in homicide. I mean it wouldn't surprise me to hear that these people have trouble sleeping at night. Just look at what kinds of weirdos they have to deal with! What made this book more my taste was that it was not just your ordinary police force at work, meet the Special Crimes Unit or it lesser program Haven. What exactly is so "special" about these people? They posses certain psychic connections and abilities. It was really cool because the entire story begins with Dani, she has prophetic dreams and in this particular dream won't leave her alone. For someone who is 30 something years old or supposed to be anyway she acted much like an adolescent. I liked that innocence and insecurity in her character. I think it made her realistic and a normal person. I have to admit though I would not want to be in her shoes. I mean dreaming about a death trap with different characters and new developments for days, weeks, even months on end would start to make me paranoid. I felt like by the end of the book she really came into her own though. I mean she became a strong person after her sister dies and ends up giving her powers to her. She had much more courage than I would facing the jerk many times before actually succeeding in saving a collegue. There is plenty of spine-chilling suspense and mystery, there is a little bit of romance in the mix. Nothing over the top like in so many paranormal romance novels but a love story nonetheless. The almost pure romance between Dani and Mark is quite adorable and it just makes you want to say a long exagerated AWWWWWWWW....it is fabulous. I definately think any mystery lover would love this book. I mean it is no Sherlock Holmes, but it is what I would call a modern day version or something close to it. I recommend this to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment